Sunday, September 13, 2009

Getting drunk off the bread?


Not quite, but I love beer so I had to try this beer bread! My friend Angie posted this recipe on her blog and I had to try it.

Cheddar-Herb Beer Bread

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 oz. beer
1 teaspoon chili or cayenne powder
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Combine, starting with dry ingredients, and mix well.
Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 F. for 50-55 minutes.My notes:
-50 minutes was the perfect amount for my bread. It came out perfectly!
-I skipped the chili and/or cayenne and I don't think it needed it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails