Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pulled BBQ Chicken


Pulled chicken is a favorite is our house. I found this recipe from Rachael Ray that we decided to try the other night. Yum!

Ingredients:

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1-1/3 cups barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Hot pepper sauce
  • 6 kaiser or French rolls, split
  • 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1-1/2 cups)

Directions:

  1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a heavy pot with the onion, garlic and just enough water to cover (about 1-1/2 cups). Add the barbecue sauce, vinegar and a few drops hot sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the sauce and shred with two forks.

  2. Boil the sauce, skimming occasionally, until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded chicken and heat through. Spoon the mixture onto the rolls and top with the cheese.

1 comment :

  1. Ohhh, thanks for sharing this--I always think about pulled pork and pulled beef. I totally forgot about pulled chicken! I may have to give it a try, though boiling chicken always intimidates me...I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails