Monday, May 31, 2010

Life, Liberty, Ups & Downs

Happy Memorial Day! I was so excited to put this up because it was the first thing I bought for our new house last summer while we waited to close on it.

The horror! I finally convinced Hubby that we needed a screw in the door to hang all my signs. He was absolutely against this, but gave in when he saw how much it was going to scratch the door! I put felt stickers on the back to avoid some of the scratching.

While we were hanging the sign, we decided to change out the hardware on our front door. It was brass so we ordered new brushed nickel hardware from the manufacturer.

Here's where the whole night goes bad...I tripped over the drill with a sharp drill bit in it. NO! Horrible pain! I looked down and there was blood everywhere!

I cut my two toes on my left foot so bad that it took 2 hours to stop the bleeding! In the morning I went to change the band-aid and it started up again! So I was sitting at work all day like an idiot with 2 band-aids on top of each other and my toe wrapped up in a bloody kleenex.

The weird part is that my mom dropped a gardening shears on her toe on Tuesday and my grandma broke her toe this week too. My family is cursed with toe injuries!

And on a good note, another blog award!
This one is from Jill over at Westbrooke Drive. Thank you, Jill!

I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself.

1. I'm a girly girl, but I love watching cop shows like Cops, Law & Order, Jail, 48 Hours Mystery, Lockup, etc.

2. I was a gymnast and dancer growing up and would argue with anyone who challenged me that these were not considered sports. They ARE!

3. I have a work fish named Mr. Bubbles. Yes, a work fish which means he lives at work. Coworkers come to visit him and say hi during the day.

4. I wear a size 8.5 shoe now, but when I was a kid, my feet were huge. I started wearing women's size shoes in 3rd grade. So glad they finally stopped growing!

5. I eat a bowl of cereal every single day.

6. I've never been to Las Vegas and I feel like the last person on Earth that's never been there.

7. Hubby taught me to cook. I refused to do it until a couple years ago!

I want to pass this one on to three sweet bloggers who have left me such nice comments lately.
Debbie at Where's My Rolling Pin?
Cheryl at Sew Can Do
Malia at Yesterday on Tuesday

Have a great holiday everyone! Share your ups and downs from the weekend!

4 comments :

  1. I love that sign! I hope your toes are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! It made my day. (-:
    www.yesterdayontuesday.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing better - not a good week for feet! Thanks so much for the award:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words on my blog! You really made me feel a bit better - as did the award. You are too nice! I hope your parents have a safe trip and a fun time in Israel. It's VERY HOT this week!

    Oh and I hope your toes feel better - three in a family in one week, that's a strange coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails