Monday, June 21, 2010

Healthy Spinach Meatloaf and Steamed Broccoli


We've been trying to eat healthier lately, so I'm always looking for healthy recipes that still taste good. And I love anything that's great leftover so I have a quick and easy meal for later in the week.

I also got a chance to pull out the vegetable steamer that's been in hiding for almost 6 years. I completely forgot about it until we went to make this!

Spinach Meatloaf
Ingredients:
• 1 t salt
• 1/4 c low-fat parmesan cheese
• 1/2 c feta cheese
• 1.5 lbs ground turkey
• 1.5 c breadcrumbs
• 1/2 t pepper
• 8 oz. can evaporated milk
• 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
• 1 T Italian seasoning
• 3/4 T minced garlic
• 1 T onion powder

Heat oven to 400.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.

Using your hands, shape into a loaf and pour into a lightly greased 1 lb loaf pan.
Bake for 45 minutes.


Steamed Broccoli
Ingredients:
• 1/2 T garlic powder
• 1 t black pepper
• 1 t salt
• 1 T lemon juice
• 1 t butter
• fresh broccoli

Cut broccoli into small pieces.

Pour broccoli and other ingredients into steamer.

Set timer for 12-14 minutes and steam until soft.
(This also works with a pot steamer on the stove.)

Super easy and very healthy! Enjoy!


10 comments :

  1. Wow, even though the meatloaf is healthy it still looks delish!!! And, with Turkey?!?! This I might just have to try as I was looking for more recipes for Turkey. Thanks for postiing. HOpe you have a great first day of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meatloaf looks great! I make a spinach lentil meatloaf that I love too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how sometimes our kitchens have tools we haven't used in decades? This meatloaf looks wonderful and you are right, it makes for great left overs the following day :)
    Thank you for sharing this!

    pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never liked regular meatloaf...but that looks yummy! i'm going to try it out...my hubby will be happy since he's always begging me to make meatloaf...maybe he'll overlook the fact that it's spinach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, this looks delicious! I'm going to have to try making the recipe sometime, as I love all of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so easy to make! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for a fabulous new recipe! I love cooking with turkey and this looks tasty! Thanks for practicing hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really does look delishhh!! I like that you used turkey, and I love broccoli. This recipe is a keeper!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why I never thought to add spinach to my meatloaf! We are totally back on our veggies kick and this recipie will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails