Friday, June 25, 2010

Thanks & Thirst-quenching Summer Sweet Tea

Before I get into the post, I wanted to say a big "THANK YOU!" to all the people that read this blog. I hit 100 followers yesterday! How amazing is that? I started this blog about a year ago just thinking it sounded fun and it turned into a huge part of my life. Thank you so much for your support, sweet comments, and smiles. : )

Living in the Chicago burbs my whole life, I never had sweet tea. Just recently in the past few years, I've tried it a few times in central Indiana where it's more common. It's so hard to find good sweet tea around here besides McDonald's, so we wanted to try to make some of our own. I was a little nervous that it would be bad, but it was surprisingly good! I definitely recommend this recipe if you want a summery drink. Thanks to Sweet Southern Prep for the recipe : )

Ingredients:
• 4 family-size tea bags
• 1.5 cups sugar
• 1 gallon water

Pour water in a large pot and bring to a boil.

Add sugar and tea bags and stir.

Remove the pot from the stove and let stand for 20 minutes to cool off.

Pour into a gallon container and fill the rest with tap water.



SO good! Perfect for summer!


12 comments :

  1. I know what I'm making this morning!

    I'm in the burbs too :) and have only seen "sweet" tea at McDonald's.

    Have a great weekend - stopping by from New Friend Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching 100! I enjoy your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started following you yesterday. So glad I found your blog. Thanks for all the great recipes, tips and well everything else! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your 100!!!
    this tea looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmm, I love sweet tea! This is how my grandmother used to make it

    (visiting from nff)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me of a great summer drink! Ice tea isn't that popular in England, but I grew up in Canada and I love it - I'm going to see if I can convert some folks over here with your recipe. Perhaps I won't tell them it's tea :-) If they try it, I know they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. following from friendly Friday! i am in the south and all we drink is sweet tea!!!:)
    www.singlemominacomplicatedworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me tell you, you've got that Southern Sweet Tea recipe down to a "tea" (ba dum ch.....slight pun intended haha)

    When we make it, we don't brew it quite as strong, but from what I've heard tea is stronger up north. I usually brew 2 bags if they're family sized bags. My mom and I used to make it with 2 heaping cups of sugar, but then we decided Dad needed to cut back on the sugar....so we went to 1 cup for a while, but that wasn't quite enough...so 1.5 is perfect!! :)

    Some people also like to squeeze a little lemon juice in their glass as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm your newest follower from Friendly Friday :) I hope you'll take a moment to stop by and see me at Mom of all Trades!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! this looks delicious :)

    browsed around your blog a bit -- love it! Following you now through Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am visiting from New Friend Friday. Love this blog hop...and have found so many great new blogs...Hope you will stop by and visit.. I have a surprise giveaway that I will draw for on Sunday night.

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where I live we have a traveling joke. We say when you go on a road trip, you can always tell when you're back in the south, because you can order sweet tea without getting a strange look from the waitress. It's good to know you're serving it up in Chicago!

    Thanks for joining me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails