Monday, September 27, 2010

Delicious Meatball Subs

We kinda made up this recipe one day while we were at the grocery store and wanted to try something new for dinner. It ended up turning out great so I wanted to share it with you.

Ingredients:
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (we used turkey pepperoni)
• 3 teaspoons chopped basil
• 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
• turkey meatballs (either pre-made frozen or make your own - for super exciting meatballs, try these cheesy stuffed meatballs)
• sliced mozzarella cheese
• marinara sauce
• Italian bread or large buns

In a large pot, combine onion, pepperoni, basil, marinara sauce, spinach, and meatballs. Cover pot and heat for about 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked. Stir every few minutes while cooking.

Once meatballs are done, spoon meatballs and sauce in buns and top with cheese slices. To melt the cheese, place sandwiches on a cookie sheet and heat in the over for a couple minutes.



A quick & yummy meal! Enjoy!


It's a Blog Party

Tuesday Night Supper Club
Keeping It Simple
The Girl Creative
Culinary Evolution
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

11 comments :

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

    Hubby and I love meatball subs, make 'em atleast once a month...and these definitely look delicious!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I'm a vegetarian and I love to make the same thing with Quorn *meatballs or with portabello mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, that looks delish! YUM! I'm bookmarking this for later. It looks like a must-try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lovely lisa, just stoppping by after your visit to A Moderate Life. I am now following your blog! I adore meatball subs. I would say it is one of my favorite comfort foods and very popular in the New york area, where I am from. Hope to see you again soon and maybe you can link one of your recipes to the hearth and soul hop on tuesdays! :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lisa...you won our tuesday night supper club drawing. i hope you are going to link up your meatball sub this week..it looks so yummy! drop me a line with your mailing details so i can send you your cookbook. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I always thought the meatball sub sounded really wierd, but now that I read your recipe and think about it, I bet I would really like them. I tihnk I'll give them a try - maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks AMAZING! I will definitely be saving this link so I can try them in the future. Thanks for sharing you recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious... thanks for the visit... visiting you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man do I EVER love a good meatball sub! Total comfort food deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that looks delicious I am sure it would please my teens

    Your story reminds me of a sandwich that my dad, me and my siblings created when my mom was sick He did not know how to cook but we took some swiss cheese, white bread, a bit of spaghetti sauce and some hard salami and made sort of a pizza sandwich was good and we enjoyed after all what else was we going to eat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meatball subs are my absolute favorite kind of sandwich. I wish I could reach right into my computer screen and take a bite!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails