Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Craft room organization

As I organize my craft room, I wanted to come up with ways to store my supplies so they would be neat, clean and easy to get to.

Remember my last post about the cute labels I made for these plastic storage totes?
DSC01408

I want to show you the rest of the organization ideas I came up with in the room. I filed all my patterns and instructions for projects I've done in these file folders.
DSC01399

When we moved into our house, each room came with a set of Container Store wire drawers in every closet. Score! So instead of having all my fabric in plastic bags and huge boxes, I separated them by color and put them in the drawers.
DSC01401

These are quickly getting filled up!
DSC01402

I love how this looks and everything is so much more accessible.

If you'd like to see some of the other craft room projects I've done, go here for my DIY curtains, here for my sewing desk chair makeover, here for the pretty dresser makeover, and here for the coffee cup flower pot tutorial.

Linking up at these fun parties!

15 comments :

  1. Oh, how I dream of having my own craft room! I love the wire baskets...great tips, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organization tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great tips, Lisa! I love those wire drawers for fabric. You're right, that was a SCORE! I like labeling tubs too. We have a closet in our bathroom that I had such a hard time keeping organized. I labeled tubs like you did in your craft room and left the lids off. I have tubs labeled "Bath" "Hair" "Face"... It's worked out great and keeps me from buying things we already have. I really need to file my patterns like you did. That's a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I am pinning this later today...I need some good ideas, because our office is being turned into a craft room this winter. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love having a nicely organized place to create it?!? :) I love the wire storage in the closet, how perfect for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So organized! Looks great! Mine is all over the house in diff spots. Bummer! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wire baskets. Perfect for fabric storage. I'm still working on organizing my craft area. It's such a mess right now.


    vb-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! TFS!! Stopping by from Truly Lovely linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-amp-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it feel good to get organized? I'm working on my kitchen right now. I seriously don't know what happened in there but yikes! Oh well :) Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week :)

    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant wait to have a craft room!! love it girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, your craft room is so beautifully and smartly organized. I'm feeling inspired to tackle my own!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love organizing.. This is a simple and easy idea.. Thanks for sharing.
    Love
    Hani

    ReplyDelete
  13. Organizing the craft room is next on my list... It's a mess, I'm not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool organizers! And they came with the house?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails