Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our love story

I saw this link party about Valentine's Day and thought it might be a fun way to get in the lovey dovey mood and celebrate one of my favorite holidays!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 10 years and 6 days (I only know this because our 10 year date-aversary was 6 days ago!)

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} My friends and I were at a frat party dancing in their party room. I saw my friends chatting with some cute guys so I went over to join in and meet them. One of the guys shoved a cute guy with glasses towards me and said, "Hey, dance with him!" I thought he was cute so I figured I'd dance with him. We danced for awhile and then ended up going with our friends to another frat house later in the night. When the after party was over, he came back to my dorm and we stayed up most of the night talking. That was pretty much it and we've been together ever since that night!
This is a photo of us in my dorm room a few months after we met.


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} We've been married for 4.5 years.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married outdoors by a garden & waterfall and had the reception outside looking out onto the garden and lake.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
We have a lot of stupid nicknames that we randomly use such a Honeypoo, Sillypoo, Lubber (Lover said in a silly way)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's respectful and polite to everyone - no matter who it is.

He's can always cheer me up when I'm sad or upset.

He's a great father.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It was a complete surprise because I wasn't expecting to get engaged for another few months. I had only been graduated from college for a month and he just started his first job after graduating. We were hanging out in my childhood bedroom and he pulled the ring out from under the bed.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I don't consider him a stereotypical gift-giver, but if I had to pick one, it would be flowers and teddy bears. He knows I love getting flowers, but we both agree they're usually very overpriced and not worth it. He also knows I love soft and cute stuffed animals, so I've gotten my share of them during the past 10 years.
Flowers from Valentine's Day 2010

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Again, I don't think I'm really either of those. I would probably enjoy a sunset dinner on the beach more, but I love surprises much more than that. I absolutely love being surprised with something out of the ordinary!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
We occasionally talk about how we'd love to go to Italy one day. We hardly ever go on vacation, so it would be a fun adventure for us. This photo was from our first vacation together when we went to Mexico. Holy sunburn!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I really don't know which kinda makes me sad. We've been so busy this year with a little baby to take care of! It's also on a Tuesday which makes things more difficult. Weekends would be much better! We've made homemade pizzas from scratch for several of the past Valentine's Day holidays, so we may do that again. This one is from 2008 when we made 2 kinds of pizza and dessert pizza that we learned in our pizza making class.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nothing specific, but I hope to at least get a card. I got a very generous holiday gift, so I don't expect too much this year.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication - Not that we're perfect with this, but I think it's the key to making a relationship work.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Nothing explains our love more than a photo of the person we would both do anything for. Our little Valentine!


9 comments :

  1. you guys are soooo cute. and look at that little guy flirting with the camera for Vday photos! :D sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, super cute! happy 10 year date-aversary! the boyfriend and i have been together for 14.5 years, you better believe we celebrated number 10. i'm hoping we do something special for next year's 15 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dorm pic. Happy 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my what a great idea right before Valentine's day! So fun to hear your story...and your little Valentine is ADORABLE!! Happy to be your newest follower!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post. I just posted the same thing. Its a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh my dear you guys are so perfect, I'm a little jealous ... lol no really LOVE this post and your hubs sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys sound like the sweetest couple and family! I hope you guys have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you! you are lucky in love!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails