Monday, July 28, 2014

DIY Recover Kitchen Chairs Makeover with Cute Vinyl Fabric


I'm so excited to show you this new project we just finished! 

Our kitchen table and chairs was supposed to be a temporary fix in our old house when it went on the market and we had a big empty space in our kitchen.  We bought the set for super cheap and planned to get rid of it within a year or two once we moved.  6 years later, we still have it in our kitchen and use it every day.  The microfiber chair pads have taken a beating from a messy toddler and they're not very easy to clean.  The picture below makes them look a lot nicer than they actually are.  They're dirty, crumbs stick to them, and there's more milk stains than we can count!

Here's the before photos so we can do a comparison after the makeover.

It took me so long to recover the chairs because I couldn't find fabric that I liked and would be easy to clean.  But when I saw this cute vinyl fabric from Hobby Lobby, I knew it would be perfect!  I had a little help from the husband with the staple gun and Caylee was a little spectator for the whole thing. 


You know your baby loves to sleep when she's passed out a foot away from a staple gun that keeps going off!

It only took about 2 hours to do the whole project and I love how they came out!

The fabric is perfect for messy kids and it looks really cute in the kitchen!

 I guess our kitchen set is going to last another few years until we finally decide to buy a new one!

2 comments :


  1. Your kitchen is more than simply a place to prepare meals; it is the essence of your home and an investment in your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to create a bold and punchy contrast or an understated look to coordinate with your surroundings, our team at Kitchen Essence ensure that the result reflects the character of the owner and the home.

    kitchen makeovers

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails